- Ideal Air Heating and Cooling
Indoor Air Quality
- Comfort Club
What if the only way to actually detect a leak was to wait until the signs were obvious? Water seeping down from a ceiling or soaking wet carpet indicating a very obvious plumbing problem, let’s say? Fortunately this is not the case, but plumbing leaks are one of the most common problems for residents throughout the greater Kansas City metro area. Even the newest copper piping can form pinhole leaks, and aging or improperly installed piping can come loose and begin leaking.
Since most of your plumbing system is hidden from sight, it can understandably be hard to know when leaks are occurring and then find and repair them. For the comfort and health of your home, you’ll want to turn to skilled professional plumbers with the right tools and know-how to manage your leak detection services, as well as leak repair.
Contact our team today for professional leak detection and repair services. You’re in good hands with us!
Do You Have a Hidden Leak?
We can tell you that leak detection services are a great thing to invest in to discover the source of your leaking pipes or slab leak. But we also stated above that it can be hard to detect. Fortunately, this doesn’t mean it’s impossible for you to detect signs of a problem. Some warning signs include:
- An Increase in Water Bills: Most homeowners keep a close enough eye on their utility bills to know when there’s an unnatural increase in price. If you notice a rise in your water consumption that doesn’t seem to align with how much water your household actually uses, there may be a leak going on.
- Water Stains on Ceilings or Walls: Your piping is typically hidden behind drywall. When discolored stained appear on the walls or on the ceilings underneath an upstairs bathroom, for instance, it often means there’s a water leak happening.
- Increased Humidity: Leaking pipes can lead to a lot of excess water around your property before you even realize it. Hopefully, you’ll see other, less severe signs first. But if you notice increased humidity in your home, it may be due to the presence of standing water where there shouldn’t be.
- A Decline in Water Pressure: Leaking pipes or burst pipes will lead to a decrease in water pressure at the taps throughout your home.
If you notice any of these signs, or if you haven’t had leak detection done in the last few years, it’s time to give our plumbers a call!
Call Our Team for Leak Detection and Repair in Kansas City
What exactly does a professional plumber do to figure out where you have plumbing leaks or slab leaks in your home? First, we use our specialized training to look for outward signs of leaks to narrow down the location of the pipes that may be in trouble. From there, we’ll use tools like video pipe inspection to accurately locate the leak in order to repair it.
Leak detection is an important part of maintaining your home’s plumbing system. Please don’t hesitate to contact our Kansas City plumbers for your professional leak detection needs.