If you’re a homeowner in Kansas City, chances are that you’ve been using a ducted system.
These systems use ducts and vents to send cool and warm air through your home. They’re effective systems that have been used for decades.
However, there’s another option that just might change everything:
Ductless mini-split systems.
We’ve partnered up with Daikin, a company that offers some of the industry’s best warranties on ductless mini-split systems. If your new system doesn’t meet your expectations within one year after installation, they’ll be happy to resolve the issue at no cost (and that’s on top of a 12-year warranty).
That all being said, there’s plenty of reasons why you might want to switch from a ducted system to a ductless one:
Ductless Systems are Heat Pumps
A heat pump is an HVAC system that can use both heating and cooling functions. All it takes is a flip of the switch to change your heat pump from “winter mode” to “summer mode.”
Plus, their method of heating and cooling is more efficient than most options in the market. Switching to a ductless unit will bring immense savings simply for their ability to operate more efficiently.
Built-In Zone Control
Ductless systems allow you to control the temperature in each room individually.
- No more fighting over the thermostat. Everyone gets to set their unit’s temperature independently.
- Finally, you can control those rooms that refuse to warm up or cool down.
- You don’t have to turn on the units in unoccupied rooms, giving you more opportunities to save money.
No Duct Issues
Air ducts are great for providing your home with heating and cooling, but they do require some maintenance after several years of use.
- Badly designed or damaged ducts will reduce airflow, causing some rooms to be hotter or cooler the rest.
- Duct leaks can waste as much as 30% of your heated or cooled air! Get rid of the ducts, get rid of the leaks.
- Ducts can collect dust and will need occasional cleaning. With a ductless system, the most work you have to do is in changing the air filter.
To find out if a ductless system is right for you, you’ll want to speak with one of our experts. Contact Climate Control Heating & Cooling today to learn more!